Brought to you by Skamania County Senior Services.
SKAMANIA COUNTY WEST END TRANSIT (WET) INCLUDES SHUTTLE TO DOG MOUNTAIN SPRING OF 2017!
Imagine this for your next hike .... no trailhead parking hassles or congestion, no trailhead pass required, lowering your carbon emissions and saving on fuel expenses. From April through September 2017, Skamania County's West End Transit (WET) bus will be running on weekends to nine trailheads and Columbia Gorge communities. This service connects with TriMet and C-TRAN.
Bring your dog (leashed or well-controlled dogs are allowed on the bus). Bring your bike (the bus is fitted with two bike racks and additional bike storage inside). Enjoy FREE Wi-Fi! Ride a shuttle bus from Skamania County Fairgrounds in Stevenson (650 SW Rock Creek Drive) to Dog Mountain trailhead and avoid the overcrowded parking lot. April 15 to June 18, every half-hour between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:00 pm.
The regular WET bus schedule includes stops at Stevenson, Carson, North Bonneville, Fisher’s Landing in Vancouver on 164th Ave, and then a return to Columbia River Gorge trailheads and resorts. The additional stops include Salmon Falls Park and Ride/Cape Horn Trail, Beacon Rock, Bonneville Hot Springs, Pacific Crest Trail, Skamania Lodge, and Dog Mountain.
The public transportation grant is intended to relieve congestion at trailheads and shuttle guests from hotels and motels, festivals and fair visitors from resorts to trailheads, and locals from town to town. Western Federal Lands, Washington Department of Transportation, Friends of the Columbia Gorge, Stevenson and Skamania County Tourism Funds provided the grant funding.
For a complete schedule, click here www.skamaniacounty.org/senior-services/homepage/services/public-transportation/ or call 509-427-3990.
You can use the WET Bus to access many amazing Gorge experiences. Friends of Columbia Gorge has created hike itineraries keyed to the WET Bus schedule.
REGULAR SCHEDULE: Benefits
- Open to the general public - no restrictions on age or trip purpose.
- Unaccompanied passengers under the age of 12 must call for pre-authorization to ride.
- Travels between Carson and Fisher's Landing Transit Center in Clark County - intersection of SE 164th Avenue and SE Cascade Park Drive, north of SR 14.
- Allows linkage with C-TRAN to access the Portland/Vancouver area.
Three Ways to Use the Service
- Take the bus to and from a bus stop - NO NEED TO CALL AHEAD
- For service to or from a location other than a scheduled bus stop and within 3/4 of a mile of the scheduled stops within Skamania County, CALL SENIOR SERVICES, (509) 427-3990, at least one day before your trip to have the bus pick you up or drop you off at the curb of a specific location. The bus will pick you up as it runs on its schedule between its designated stops.
- The bus will deviate up to 3/4 mile off Wind River Hwy and SR 14 to accommodate persons with disabilities. Requests must be made one day in advance. Those needing disabled service at Fisher's Landing must call C-Tran (360) 695-8918.
NO SERVICE ON NEW YEARS DAY, MEMORIAL DAY, JULY 4th, LABOR DAY, THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS.
PO Box 369
Stevenson, WA 98648
Phone: (509) 427-3990
FAX: (509) 427-3992
Visit http://www.skamaniacounty.org/public_transit.htm for the full route and schedule.